Ask.com Users Go All NostradamusNovember 30, 2011
Users seem to have been obsessed with whether their favourite celebrities are real or not.
High in the top ten were; ‘Was Kim Kardashian’s wedding fake?’, ‘Are Lady Gaga’s face implants real?’ and ‘Did Beyonce fake a baby bump?’ The question ‘do you really want your celebrities to be real?’ didn’t rank highly on the site.
Thousands more users wanted to know; ‘Is Lindsay Lohan going to jail?’, to which the best answer was ‘yes and she will continue to do so at regular intervals for the rest of her life.’
More pertinently Ask users demanded ; ‘What happened to Charlie Sheen’s teeth?’ Notably absent from the ask.com top ten were questions about the dire state of the global economy, concerns about Iran’s pursuit of atomic weaponry and the threat from global warming.
However Ask.com kindly extrapolated from questions on the site to these top predictions for 2012;
- George Clooney wins his second AND third Academy Award
- Dr. Oz surpasses Dr. Phil in ratings in a post-Oprah world
- Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl second year in a row
- McDonald’s adds the McRib to its permanent menu
- New York reclaims its spot as top the US travel destination from 2011 leader Orlando
- Breakout star of 2011, Nicki Minaj, leapfrogs pop icon Katy Perry in album sales
- Pippa jumps onto the list of top ten baby names of the year
- Facebook goes public with world’s largest IPO
- Tiger Woods retires from golf
However on the top question for next year, ‘will the world end?’, Ask replied with a definite NO – not least because the arrival of judgement day would boost traffic massively but hammer revenues.